Friday, May 6, 2011

The Camino de Invierno




Although it isn't an "officially recognized" Camino, the Camino de Invierno goes south of the well known Camino Frances. For me, it has two advantages. First, it goes through some spectacular parts of Galicia, like the Sil River Gorge, which Joe and I visited about 4 or 5 years ago. And second, it avoids the crowds/masses/hoards of the last 100 kilometers of the Camino Frances.



I know several people who have been the intrepid trailblazers, and I now have a good guide written by some fellow peregrinos, who should get a scout badge for Public Service to the Camino. I hope to walk this pretty stretch in about 10 days, as my third stage of this walk, arriving in Santiago on June 15.




And I almost forgot a third attraction of the Camino de Invierno -- lots of beautiful romanesque architecture!







No comments:

Post a Comment